Sunday, July 18, 2010

"A nice girl with a lead foot."

I have become a regular in traffic court. After a near pristine driving record (aside from an unfortunate incident the first day of my Senior year of high school), I got two speeding tickets, in two weeks, in two different states. Needless to say, I had to make my way back to the middle of nowhere North Carolina to attempt to explain myself and see if they would reduce the $200 fine. To those of you ever contemplating a road trip though NC, I do not recommend a stop at the Kenansville courthouse. In an attempt at efficiency, they decided to run traffic court and criminal misdemeanor court simultaneously. Definitely an interesting experience. They took $20 off my ticket though, so that made the 8-hour trip completely and 150% worth it. My more recent ticket took me to Charlottesville, but honestly, any excuse to go to Charlottesville is fine by me. About an hour through, the guy about 4 rows back fell asleep, and started snoring really loudly. Anyone who knows me in the slightest can imagine about how long it took for me to start laughing. Even after I got it out of my system, I continued to crack up to myself for a solid 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure both the judge and the police officer held my juvenile tendencies against me, because this trip went about as well as the NC trip. I got a Bellair sandwich out of the deal and a wonderful overnight in DC with Heather so I'm not particularly upset. Now back in Baltimore, I'm currently reading I am Charlotte Simmons (by way of recommendation). Though very interesting, I am about ready to kill Charlotte Simmons. Major diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment